Goomalling has a range of excellent medical facilities and services including:
- medical surgery with an excellent doctor, three practice nurses, monthly visits from a dietitian and diabetes educator, plus a range of free information sessions related to healthy living.
- dental surgery located at the back of the Goomalling Community Centre is operated by Dr Michael McGuinness on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- counselling therapist Yvone Town of Your Counselling Therapist has a practice in the Goomalling Community Centre on Railway Tce.
- pharmacy located on the corner of Railway Tce and Forrest St, open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-1pm.
- hospital with 24 hour accident and emergency facility. The following professionals, facilities and services are also based at the hospital:
- Medicare Easyclaim at the Community Resource Centre
Online and regional services
There are additional health services available 30 minutes drive away in Northam, including maternity services.
With a wide range of sporting facilities in Goomalling and personal training as well as group sessions available at the gym, there’s plenty of opportunities to stay fit and healthy.
Dietitians are available to assist you in making healthier nutritional choices.
www.livelighter.com.au - LiveLighter is a statewide program which aims to encourage Western Australian adults to lead healthier lifestyles, to make changes to what they eat and drink, and to be more active. We want to help people understand why they need to take action and what simple changes they can make in order to 'LiveLighter'.
www.myhealthybalance.com.au - My Healthy Balance is a free online session-based program which includes healthy eating, physical activity and lifestyle information, personal goal setting, weight monitoring tools and more. It's a great program for any adult who is looking to live a healthier lifestyle. In particular people who are overweight, people who are at risk of developing a chronic health condition, people with Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT) or Impaired Fasting Glucose (IFG) also known as Pre-diabetes.
www.daa.asn.au - Dietitans Association of Australia (DAA) is the peak body of dietetics and nutrition professionals in Australia, representing over 5,000 members. DAA’s vision is to be the leader in nutrition for better food, better health and wellbeing for all!