Shire of Goomalling

Licensing Agent

The Shire of Goomalling acts as a licensing agent for the Department of Transport.

Driver Licences

To go for a Learner’s Permit you first need to pass the Computerised Theory Test (CTT). Pick up a free copy of the Drive Safe learner’s guide to prepare for the theory test. You don’t need to book to sit a CTT.

Make sure you gather the necessary identification documents as without them we cannot process a learner’s permit.

Every second and fourth Thursday of the month we have an examiner in who takes Practical Driving Assessments. All PDA test must be booked online through the Department of Transport. 

To receive a provisional licence you will need to have completed a Logbook over a 6 month period and pass a computerised Hazard Perception Test. To prepare for the HPT you can practise the example questions on the Driving Test WA's website or pick up a cd-rom from the Shire Office.

To apply for an additional class you will need to get a learner’s permit (and sit a Heavy Vehicle Theory Test if going for MR or HR from C class) and a PDA in a vehicle of the relevant class.

Other services include Photo Cards (previously called Proof of Age cards), renewals and replacements of driver’s licences, concessions and changes to your personal details.

Vehicle Registrations

Renewal of currently licensed vehicles, registration of previously unlicensed vehicles, transfer of ownership, transfer of interstate vehicles, temporary permits, change in Heavy Vehicle Use,...

Social concessions: Centrelink Pensioner Card, WA Seniors Card in combination with Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Veterans’ Affairs TPI or EDA Gold Card

Farming related concessions: Farm Haulage, Tractors and Self Propelled Headers, seasonal licence, farm vehicle

Registration Plates

Standard plate changes to either State plates “1ABC123” or Goomalling District plates “GO ####”.

Special series plates:     

  • Goomalling: Black on white in the format “####GO” featuring the Place of Possums logo
  • Konnongorring: Blue on white in the format “KONNO ##” featuring the Smoker Parrot that’s characteristic to Konnongorring.

A wide range of personalised plates are also available to order. Browse through the different formats you can choose from and the current pricelist.

Firearm Licences

Since June 2016 we can no longer take payments for firearm renewals, they are now done through Australia Post.
To apply for a firearm licence you need to contact WA Police, more information is available on their website.

Boat Licences

We can take payments for boat licence renewals if you have received your renewal notice, but we cannot access or change any details to your boat licences, nor process transfers or new boat registrations or skipper licences. For this you need to contact Marine Safety on (08) 9435 7500 or 1300 863 308, or email