The Jennacubbine townsite, situated about halfway between Goomalling and Northam/Toodyay, has a population of around 170 and consists of a grain receival point, a hall, church, tavern and just a couple of houses on the one town street. The majority of the Jennacubbine community live on rural properties. 

The town's name derives from the Noongar name for a well in the area, which may mean "salt water" according to some sources and was first recorded by explorer Augustus Gregory in 1848 as "Jenacubine", with the current spelling being adopted in 1889. Jennacubbine was established as a siding on the railway line from Northam to Goomalling in June 1902.

At this time, Jennacubbine had a hotel, a general store, two other shops, and eight houses in the main street. The main street ended at the front door of the hotel, now known as Jenna Tavern. Several railway huts were constructed on the opposite side of the rail line from the main street, and a Catholic church was constructed in 1905 and was used as a school until 1911. 

St Isidore’s Catholic Church is located not far from the Jennacubbine Tavern. The gothic-style brick structure was opened in 1907 and dedicated to St Isidore, the Patron Saint of Agriculture. WE Collins, publican of the Jennacubbine Hotel, donated the land on which this Roman Catholic Church was built. The building was also used as a school until 1913. In 1914 a chancel was added at the rear of the building.

In 1960 Jennacubbine celebrated scheme water connection and the State electricity supply came in 1963 [B Sewell - A Backward Glance]. In 1970 the general store was burnt to the ground, in a late night fire that was reported to have been caused by the store's old kerosene refrigerators. The store was over 100 years old when it was destroyed. A fire truck from Goomalling attended the fire, but its onboard water tanks were dry from a previous fire, and there was no town water in Jennacubbine. [Source – Wikipedia]

   St Isidore's Catholic Church Jennacubbined

St Isidore's Catholic Church (L)